POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 6 Nov 2008 17:20:00
Message: <web.49136cc7c917ba6685de7b680@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> Its hardly a wonder people can't tell the difference between science and
> gibberish, which channels that are "supposed to" dedicate themselves to
> science run total bunk all the time.

The Discovery Channel and the Science Channel are "supposed to" entertain the
masses in exchange for advertizing revenue.  That the entertained believe that
they are learning science is an unfortunate cost (worth $0 in the short term)
of business.

I don't know whether one should feel better or worse about this, but it's not
just in the USA.  Britain's _Brainiac_ isn't satisfied with delusions; they lie
outright:

   http://www.theodoregray.com/PeriodicTable/AlkaliBangs/index.html