POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 5 Nov 2008 23:55:00
Message: <web.49127800c917ba6685de7b680@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> ...and that Richard Dawkin's conspired with
> Darwin, Hitler and Genghis Khan, using ... who the heck knows what, to
> undermine faith by inventing DNA.

*Almost* a conspiracy theory, except the Hitler part; Hitler was a Christian in
good standing until (just before?) he blew his brains out.  Except that the
apologists are in vehement denial about that, so the conspiracy theory (which
is imaginary to begin with) will probably fly anyway.

It wasn't Darwin, Dawkins, or Genghis Khan that undermined my faith.  What
happened is that I figured "in case of disagreement between faith and reality,
reality wins."  Wasn't until I decided to learn about my sister's new faith
(Seventh Day Adventist) that I realized that I went about it all wrong.

> Believe me, even though the stuff above was pulled out of my ass in like
> 20 seconds, there is "probably" some nutcase making the exact same
> argument on a creationist site as I write this.

Not a creationist site, but some New Age left wingers considered DNA a myth.
Seems (1) they didn't like genetic determinism; (2) therefore DNA doesn't
exist.  (Just Establishment propaganda intended to squelch people's aspirations
by telling them "You are this, you are that...")  Unfortunately, I can't find
the magazine article.  Creationists, New Agers, hard to tell 'em apart except
that the former have more political power, and tend to be more fatalistic on
behalf of us poor slobs who'll be Left Behind.