POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma? : Re: Gamma? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma?
From: SafePit
Date: 2 Nov 2008 23:50:00
Message: <web.490e82ae66e3e89ea044b9730@news.povray.org>
I noticed this today.  I received an error about gamma when rendering an image
with the version set.  I turned off the version information and the the image
created was overexposed.

"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> with Display_Gamma=2.5 in quickres.ini  my scene renders the same in 3.6.1
> and 3.7 beta's

Okay, I tried this, expect I put the Display_Gamma in povray.ini.  However, it
still was pretty bright.  I tried "Display_Gamma=1.0" instead and everything is
darker, more like what I expect.  I also tried 1.8 (MAC), 2.2 (Windows) and both
created an overexposed image.

Note that I'm using Vista.  I haven't tested with XP but I assume I'll get the
same results.