POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How is fade_color used? : How is fade_color used? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:41:25 EDT (-0400)
  How is fade_color used?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Oct 2008 11:30:00
Message: <web.4909d1d8c4d5901485de7b680@news.povray.org>
The documentation of interior attenuation gives two formulas.  Neither formula
contains fade_color.

   http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/416/

I can experiment forever trying to get a feel for how fade_color affects
attenuation, but I always seem to get a surprise.  To say, "fade_color
colorizes the attenuation," has not been helpful to me at all.  It would be so
much easier to get the results I want if I knew exactly how fade_color fit into
the equations.

I find media absorption much more predictable despite the inverse coloring.
However, I tend to avoid it, as it is prone to artifacts.