POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stability : Re: Stability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stability
From: alphaQuad
Date: 27 Oct 2008 14:35:01
Message: <web.4906090798ad1c734a68f17b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I'm probably going to regret asking this, but here goes...
>
> As far as I can tell, everything was going just fine. Then one day we
> started hearing reports about some bank that nobody's ever heard of
> called "Northan Rock". Something about them being in financial trouble.
> Que scenes of people standing in the street trying to withdraw their money.
>
> A few weeks later and people are talking about "credit crunch" and
> "ecomonic meltdown" and "global recession" and stock markets tumbling to
> the ground, and now there's some talk about Japan's currency collapsing...
>
> So, seriously, does the entire world really fall apart in a few weeks
> just because one nobody company goes bust? Or is there something bigger
> going on here?

No. It is because a few selfish, childish pentagon squatters
(The civilian Defense Policy Board actually wields more control over the
military establishment than the Defense Secretary or the generals and admirals)
got too greedy and pulled a "power grab" without regard for anyone that might
get hurt.

911 = Operation Northwoods reborn.

Real reporting by John Pilger
http://newsmine.org/content.php?ol=9-11/need-new-pearl-harbor.txt

In other words, innocent people will be killed by the United States. This is
reminiscent of Operation Northwoods, the plan put to President Kennedy by his
military chiefs for a phoney terrorist campaign - complete with bombings,
hijackings, plane crashes and dead Americans - as justification for an invasion
of Cuba. Kennedy rejected it. He was assassinated a few months later. Now
Rumsfeld has resurrected Northwoods, but with resources undreamt of in 1963 and
with no global rival to invite caution. You have to keep reminding yourself this
is not fantasy: that truly dangerous men, such as Perle and Rumsfeld and Cheney,
have power. The thread running through their ruminations is the importance of
the media: "the prioritised task of bringing on board journalists of repute to
accept our position".

"Our position" is code for lying. Certainly, as a journalist, I have never known
official lying to be more pervasive than today. We may laugh at the vacuities in
Tony Blair's "Iraq dossier" and Jack Straw's inept lie that Iraq has developed a
nuclear bomb (which his minions rushed to "explain"). But the more insidious
lies, justifying an unprovoked attack on Iraq and linking it to would-be
terrorists who are said to lurk in every Tube station, are routinely channelled
as news. They are not news; they are black propaganda.