POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blender Vs PovRay : Blender Vs PovRay Server Time
16 May 2024 05:04:18 EDT (-0400)
  Blender Vs PovRay
From: kike
Date: 21 Oct 2008 06:30:01
Message: <web.48fdae14f034d1aa519bbb570@news.povray.org>
Hi all!!

Just a comment about my trip from Pov to Blender. I'm still trying to learn
Blenders dark path and I have discovered something astonishing. I haven't found
a texture generator as Pov texture generator. When you jump to programs like
Blender (or 3dS) you are supposed to PAINT almost all the textures you use if
you want them to look right through UV maps.

It is incredible that they didnt put any effort in the developement of a good
texture generator. It is not obvious, for instance, to do a texture map. To put
a standard texture inside another pattern. So, as I have said, you have to use
UV maps or images to texture your Blender models.

It is true that this feature (UV mapping) is easy to use and very well inserted.
But I miss Pov procedurals. I miss them so much that I still use Pov to paint my
textures!!! and then I introduce them into blender as images.

So finally (thanks God) I'm not going to loose my connection with Pov.

Thanks!!!

www.enriquesahagun.es