POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A sunrise with media and radiosity : Re: A sunrise with media and radiosity Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:08:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A sunrise with media and radiosity
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Oct 2008 19:50:00
Message: <web.48fbc74e657b8a9578dcad930@news.povray.org>
"ajtribick" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> The test is only partially successful: it seems that the media
> atmosphere is not giving any contribution to the radiosity lighting.

There does indeed seem to be a current problem with media in objects not
contributing radiosity lighting to other objects *within* the media. Objects
*outside* do receive rad from it, objects within don't. I've spent considerable
time trying to find workarounds, but no luck. Hopefully v 3.7 will solve this
thorny problem.

Ken W.