POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Access to height field data : Re: Access to height field data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Access to height field data
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Oct 2008 18:50:00
Message: <web.48fbb795cd5c214378dcad930@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> Alain wrote:

> > No need for the empty #else.
>
> I concur there.

Me too--and less typing. :-)

I didn't want to confuse new users, though; I think that learning and using the
full syntax first gives newbies the confidence and experience to 'optimize'
their code later. It did for me. (Many times, in complex scenes, I still leave
complete syntax in, so that I don't have to hunt around for code snippets that
I've forgotten to add.)

KW