POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reserved words redux : Re: Reserved words redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reserved words redux
From: nemesis
Date: 19 Oct 2008 15:40:01
Message: <web.48fb8cb6b94774933906a7480@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > BTW, perhaps you'd be interested in this nutjob and his take on the
> > future of computers and programming:
> > http://rebelscience.blogspot.com/2008/09/cosa-new-kind-of-programming-part-i.html
>
> I'd be much more interested in that if he'd actually written something
> larger than a quicksort. Or even a quicksort that would actually work in
> a generic sort of way, like with different types, or different size
> arrays, or whatever.
>
> Too much handwaving while loudly proclaiming he's solved every problem.

I think you devoted too much time to the guy's ideas.  He's a well-known,
long-time internet crackpot and he knows it:
http://rebelscience.blogspot.com/2007/10/who-am-i-what-are-my-credentials.html

Beware, he may be an online sentient being.  One day I innocently invoked his
name in comp.lang.lisp and he appeared all of a sudden!
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/e0ee331cfe13f214/9f84e2cccc7c0269?lnk=gst&q=louis+sa
vain#9f84e2cccc7c0269

He may drop by here as well... :P