POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reserved words redux : Re: Reserved words redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reserved words redux
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Oct 2008 18:25:00
Message: <web.48fa61b0b947749355bd91cf0@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > I mean, surely 整數 can be written in italics or bold wit
> hout altering
> > its meaning.
>
> Again, it depends on the field of study.  "R" is a variable. Bold-face R
>
> means the set of real numbers, in mathematical notation.

Nice try, but in one given program it means one and only one thing.

> > And no, I'm not a fan of case-sensitive syntax either.
>
> And capital delta and lower-case delta mean two different things in
> math, too.

We're not talking about math, we're talking about a program, possibly a domain
specific one with its own business rules and meanings.

> > Yes.  You may use whatever font you please,
>
> You've yet to actually provide a reason for your disagreement.

I thought I was clear enough.  I consider "foobar", *foobar*, /foobar/, Foobar,
FooBar, FOOBAR to be all the same.  It's still a foobar like any other...

yes, I know C++ users will say FOOBAR is a constant, Foobar or FooBar a class
and foobar an instance of such class.  Baloney...