POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Adding inside_vector (for CSG) to HF macros in shapes.inc : Re: Adding inside_vector (for CSG) to HF macros in shapes.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding inside_vector (for CSG) to HF macros in shapes.inc
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Oct 2008 17:30:00
Message: <web.48f902a96bc5685d78dcad930@news.povray.org>
jan dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:
> Kenneth napsal(a):

> > Something I've always wondered about: The docs say that a ray is shot in this
> > direction; but from *where*? Anyone know if it's from the origin?

> from the point you test for insideness

?? Sorry to be a dullard, but I'm not sure I understand that. Could be my own
misconception of how inside_vector works. I've always assumed that only a
single ray is shot, from *somewhere*, during any CSG operation, which tells
POV-Ray what it needs to know. Do I surmise that MANY rays have to be shot?

KW