POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Surface from XYZ data : Re: Surface from XYZ data Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surface from XYZ data
From: New2Povray
Date: 14 Oct 2008 17:25:01
Message: <web.48f50dae825a59e12d75b4a20@news.povray.org>
Dear Christian

Thankyou for your help, the Z=sin(X*Y) is for illustrative purposes only. The
data is from an experiment and does not fit to any function because of the
noise, and has several discontinuous points, I could roughly fit each separate
patch as a bessel function of the second kind but I would like to plot the
origin data, not approximate ones.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.