POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Shell out from .pov? : Re: Shell out from .pov? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shell out from .pov?
From: Mathuin
Date: 9 Oct 2008 16:35:01
Message: <web.48ee6a79d6807236d8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Mathuin nous illumina en ce 2008-10-04 16:17 -->
> > jan dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> You can generate the list externally (it must be comma separated!) and
> >> then use file reading routines to parse it. See #fopen and #read.
> >
> > I was hoping to do something Perlish like this:
> >
> > #fopen list "|dir /b /od *.pov" read
> >
> > Any chance of this working?
> >

> In some external parser, yes.
> Inside of POR-Ray SDL, no.

Yeah, I could write a Windows batch file or Unix shell script that could
construct this list, wrap it with SDL syntax, and dump it to a .inc file.  I
could then stick the batch file or shell script in Pre_Scene_Command and get
the job done.  Didn't know about that until just a few minutes ago while
searching for a solution to a similar problem I posted in povray.general.