POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Can mencoder make an animation that plays on my TV? : Can mencoder make an animation that plays on my TV? Server Time
8 May 2024 00:52:37 EDT (-0400)
  Can mencoder make an animation that plays on my TV?
From: Mathuin
Date: 9 Oct 2008 13:50:00
Message: <web.48ee43786eb96ebe401d7400@news.povray.org>
I've done some searching both here and on the greater web to identify an answer
to this question.  I honestly didn't think it'd be this hard, but I guess it
is.

I have a Buffalo LinkTheater box at home connected to my television.  It will
attach to DLNA servers and play files.  I watch downloaded television shows
this way and it works pretty well.  The only files that haven't worked were
corrupted.

I want to watch my new animation on my television.  I can't find the right
settings for mencoder that will generate a file that has no artifacts and no
color defects.  The files look just fine on my PC, for what it's worth.

Things I've tried:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-vcd-dvd.html -- 14.8.5.2

This made blocks and had color defects, but played.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_mencoder_divx_to_dvd -- widescreen

This didn't play at all.

http://atomized.org/2005/03/converting-divxxvid-avi-to-dvd-with-ffmpeg/ --
Keef's comment