POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Expected 'operator', ? found instead : Expected 'operator', ? found instead Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Expected 'operator', ? found instead
From: Mathuin
Date: 5 Oct 2008 03:10:01
Message: <web.48e867521f7a504fd8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to use the conditional expression in a function and get the following
error message:

Parse Error: Expected 'operator', ? found instead

Here's my function:

#local ScoreStone = function(x) { (x=1) ? white_stone : black_stone }

What am I doing wrong?  I thought ? was an operator -- that's what the docs say.
 It happens on Windows with both 3.7 beta 28 and 3.6 as well as on Unix with
3.6.  Thanks!