POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV64 Driving me nuts! : Re: POV64 Driving me nuts! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV64 Driving me nuts!
From: Mathuin
Date: 2 Oct 2008 00:05:00
Message: <web.48e447f3e3e105d8d8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Mathuin wrote:
> > Maybe using whatever replaced the registry is a good idea; perhaps some
> > folks who write Vista apps can speak up.
>
> Huh? The registry hasn't been replaced, and probably won't be anytime soon.

Cool.  I haven't looked that far under the covers, and I'd heard that Vista was
going to have some new thing in place of the registry.  That being said, would
that be an appropriate solution or is there something else?  I'm sure other
applications have faced this problem in the past, and have a solution that
doesn't involve disabling UAC.