POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV64 Driving me nuts! : Re: POV64 Driving me nuts! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV64 Driving me nuts!
From: Mathuin
Date: 1 Oct 2008 19:45:00
Message: <web.48e40aaae3e105d8d8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> Ok, everyone else probably had this figured out from the beginning, but if you
> want to know, I figured it out.  If you've got Vista, you need to go to the
> control panel/user accounts and find User Account Control, and turn it off.
> Then you can open up POV and tell it never to tell you all those little hints
> again.  Afterward, you could turn user account control back on again if you so
> desired.

This same thing has bugged me, but disabling UAC is not an acceptable solution
in my situation.  Is there any chance of a better solution which works within
the operating system instead of requiring interference with security?  Maybe
using whatever replaced the registry is a good idea; perhaps some folks who
write Vista apps can speak up.