POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : X-display OR'ed with background : Re: X-display OR'ed with background Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-display OR'ed with background
From: nemesis
Date: 30 Sep 2008 12:30:01
Message: <web.48e2536f4a0471d8773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly <djc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> My X-display is OR'ed with my background.  In other words, on a black background, it
displays normally.  On a white b
ackground, it is white, displaying none of the actual image features.

> I'm running 3.6.  On 3.7-beta, it compiled without an X preview window at all
(although 3.7 beta crashes too often fo
r general use, and doesn't handle media, which is documented).

> The generated PNG is fine.
>
> Have others experienced this?

Yes.  Search the povray unix newsgroups for workarounds.  There's a command-line
switch in povray itself if I'm not wrong.