POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Basic question : Basic question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Basic question
From: joost 1972
Date: 30 Sep 2008 11:30:01
Message: <web.48e24578b1b0190e2a36ae330@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with two basic questions:
1) I really like the coloring in the editor window, but can't seem to turn it on
for a few of my files (I assume its called "Color Syntax Highlighting", but that
option seems to be on everywhere, even in files that only have black&white
text.)
2) Is there the possibility to show the results of functions you use in macro's.
I've made a macro which involves rotating a triangle by the result of the
function (atan2), but it doesn't render as I expected it to. I would like to
see the plain number result of the function, in stead of just the final render,
because there could be numerous reasons why my triangle is not ending up where I
expected it to (for all I know it could be rotating 20 full circles and ending
up in nearly the same position it started in...)

Thanks, Joost