POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Julia Fractal : Re: Julia Fractal Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Julia Fractal
From: Jos leys
Date: 27 Sep 2008 06:50:01
Message: <web.48de0eb3b93e960c7692f860@news.povray.org>
> Well, you can always use the source, so the previous assertion is not
> right. Now, it's 4D math.. that's another story to understand the code.

> Patching is one way... but first have a look at the julia documentation,
> maybe your formula is already part of the 18 provided for hypercomplex.
> If not, add it.
> BTW, what is your specific formula ?
> would it matter if your bounding volume is not a 4D-4-units sphere ?

Right, I did look at the code, but I'm too unfamiliar with the language. Anyway,
I did some more homework on how this is done in general (one uses a distance
estimation method for every ray to determine an intersection point and a
surface normal)
So if I want to do something similar just using SDL code, it's like trying to
write a raytracer inside a raytracer, which is not good! :-((

The thing I want to try and do in a novel way is the Lorenz attractor, so none
of the features in Julia Fractal can be used, as what I want to do is totally
different.

My own conclusion is that want I want to do is impossible..