POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Generated idea : Re: Generated idea Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:43:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generated idea
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 26 Sep 2008 22:25:01
Message: <web.48dd96aa1ad7080e85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> F1 on "absorption"
> media { absorption Color ... }
> goes to :
> SCATTERING:
>     scattering {
>         Type, COLOR [ eccentricity Value ] [ extinction Value ]
>     }
>
> scattering was used???? type?
> isotropic, Mie (haze and murky atmosphere), Rayleigh, and Henyey-Greenstein

According to Christoff Hormann, the Mie types are best for water.  I used
scattering { 3, <0.004, 0.012, 0.020> }.  I also added:

   method 3
   intervals 1
   samples 3, 3
   aa_level 2

to speed things up, but be warned that in some scenes there will be a penalty in
quality.  Please find attached my source code.

Have a look at Christoff's tutorial:

   http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/index.html

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: