POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Generated idea : Re: Generated idea Server Time
29 Apr 2024 11:51:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generated idea
From: alphaQuad
Date: 26 Sep 2008 17:35:01
Message: <web.48dd553e1ad7080e8ea364160@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> >
> > This thread could use some links to... :
> >
> > Google "Martin Chaplin media absorption"
>
> The word "media" will kill the search; Professor Chaplin doesn't use POV-Ray
> terminology.  Try:
>
>    http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/vibrat.html
>
> My numerical integration of the graph over wavelength ranges
>
>    <578..740, 500..578, 380..500> nm
>
> resulted in absorption coefficients per meter of
>
>    <0.272217, 0.046156, 0.010255>.

exactly what I first thought, needed to figure that rgb, thank you.

F1 on "absorption"
media { absorption Color ... }
goes to :
SCATTERING:
    scattering {
        Type, COLOR [ eccentricity Value ] [ extinction Value ]
    }

scattering was used???? type?
isotropic, Mie (haze and murky atmosphere), Rayleigh, and Henyey-Greenstein