POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupd linux file-moving question. : Stupd linux file-moving question. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Stupd linux file-moving question.
From: gregjohn
Date: 18 Sep 2008 22:20:00
Message: <web.48d30c239db82e8f34d207310@news.povray.org>
After combining sets of files on two computers, to my horror I found out that
I'd done it incorrectly.  What I now have is:

/home/greg/files/author1/bookone/  (with chapters as files)
/home/greg/files/files/author1/booktwo/  (with chapters as files)

several times over

Now, I want to merge it all.  I am afraid that if I go to the
/home/greg/files/files/author1/booktwo directory and simply MOVE it with
Overwrite to the /home/greg/files/ directory, I will delete
/home/greg/files/author1/bookone.

Am afraid that I have to go to every  /home/greg/files/authorx/booky, and move
each bookx file to /home/greg/files/authorx.   That would be soul-crushing
tedium.

Do I have anything to fear?