POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : example uses of min_extent() max_extent() : Re: example uses of min_extent() max_extent() Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: example uses of min_extent() max_extent()
From: wyleu
Date: 12 Sep 2008 15:50:00
Message: <web.48cac6e54994ba3d46cc72450@news.povray.org>
As always the posting of the question very qickly leads to an answer

#declare Sphere =
sphere {
  <0,0,0>, 1
  pigment { rgb <1,0,0> }
}
#declare Min = min_extent ( Sphere );
#declare Max = max_extent ( Sphere );
object { Sphere }
box {
    Min, Max
    pigment { rgbf <1,1,1,0.5> }
}

However this is a bounding box of an object, can I extract the co-ordinates of
the bounding box as it's projected onto the viewing plane so I can provide
these as co-ordinates to a function like html ISMAP and USEMAP to allow
hypertext like functions from web background pages?