POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Completely ignoring my media settings : Re: Completely ignoring my media settings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Completely ignoring my media settings
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 10 Sep 2008 14:55:00
Message: <web.48c816e619da6cb085de7b680@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> You've got the sphere and the media on the opposite side of the plane,
> so your view of the sphere isn't affected by the media.

That wasn't my intention.  Sorry, I should have been clear about that.

> With those
> settings, you don't see anything if there's only background behind the
> media.

Oh.  I need a surface behind the media for it to show up?  I wonder how long it
would have taken for me to figure that out.  *Makes a note to review the
documentation.*

Putting a second plane below the media plane did the trick.  Thank you, much.