POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Completely ignoring my media settings : Completely ignoring my media settings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Completely ignoring my media settings
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 10 Sep 2008 12:15:00
Message: <web.48c7f0b2fa9ee86385de7b680@news.povray.org>
I cannot get POV-Ray to so much as acknowledge the media statement in this scene
file:
___________________________________

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }

light_source
{  10000 * z
   rgb 1
   rotate <-45, 135, 0>
}

camera
{  angle 40
   location <0, 1, -10>
   up image_height * y
   right image_width * x
}

sphere { y, 1 pigment { rgb 1 } }

background { rgb 1 }

plane
{  y, 0
   texture { pigment { rgbf 1 } }
   interior
   {  media
      {  absorption rgb <0, 1, 1>
         scattering { 3, rgb 1 }
      }
   }
   hollow
}

The scene renders as if the media statement weren't even there.  The funny thing
is that I've done this sort of thing before, and it always worked.  I'm hoping
that more sets of eyes will spot my obvious mistake.  Thanks!