POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About distance_maximum : Re: About distance_maximum Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About distance_maximum
From: Reactor
Date: 6 Sep 2008 16:40:00
Message: <web.48c2ea6a94b763c35c3a22a0@news.povray.org>
"Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> What is?
>
> In POV-Ray 3.61 is considered a keyword, but it is no way in the documentation.
>
> Why?
>
> Regards

I don't think it is used anymore.  It was another parameter for adjusting
radiosity under 3.1 where one could set a distance at which a new sample must
be calculated (i.e. the error of the sample was greater than the specified
error_bound).  I usually left it as 0 when I did use it, which wasn't the
fastest setting but garnered correct results.

From my understanding of parameters like that, they really need to be adaptive
for you to take full advantage anyway.

-Reactor