POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : transparent preview window and allscene.sh : transparent preview window and allscene.sh Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  transparent preview window and allscene.sh
From: peter
Date: 5 Sep 2008 15:25:00
Message: <web.48c18687b44d0a7261873eb60@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I worked with POV-Ray a few years ago and now I will be teaching a POV-Ray class
soon, so I installed it again and tried to work with it. But some things don't
work right.

1. In the preview window black comes up as transparent, so the underlying
windows are visible. That is of course anoying.

2. The shell script allscene.sh aborts with a lot of error messages:

test: 67: ==: unexpected operator
test: 68: ==: unexpected operator
test: 69: ==: unexpected operator
test: 70: ==: unexpected operator
test: 71: ==: unexpected operator
  the sample scene render script could not determine
  the location where POV-Ray is installed.  Make sure
  POV-Ray 3.6 has been correctly installed on this
  computer.  If you continue the script will try to
  the scenes from the current directory.

read: 90: Illegal option -n
test: 102: ==: unexpected operator
test: 103: ==: unexpected operator
test: 104: ==: unexpected operator
test: 105: ==: unexpected operator
test: 106: ==: unexpected operator

test: 136: ==: unexpected operator
test: 137: ==: unexpected operator
test: 138: ==: unexpected operator
test: 139: ==: unexpected operator
test: 140: ==: unexpected operator
test: 141: ==: unexpected operator

Now I haven't done any shell programming yet, so I have no idea what this is
about.

Any ideas?

Peter