POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Access to height field data : Access to height field data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Access to height field data
From: Phil
Date: 1 Sep 2008 11:30:00
Message: <web.48bc09b478381f518abea67c0@news.povray.org>
Heya!

I'm trying to create some scenes automatically. My goal is to have an island
with hills, lakes and trees. The Island shape is defined by an height field
created by another application. Now I want to add trees and other objects on
this height field surface. The Question is:

Is it possible to define the z-position (if z is pointing up) of the trees
automatically by accessing the height field data, and if yes, how, if no, what
else could be done :)

Thanks a lot,
  Phil