POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV64 Driving me nuts! : Re: POV64 Driving me nuts! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV64 Driving me nuts!
From: Bridgeofstraws
Date: 27 Aug 2008 22:40:00
Message: <web.48b60f8fe3e105d87b6a12450@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews"
I've been using Vista 32-bit about a year now and have come across a similar
problem for any program that is installed in a Vista protected directory (one
of these happens to be a program files).  As long as you have administrative
rights ,as it sounds like you do, all you do is right-click either the povray
executable or a shortcut to it and select the "properties" option.  A window
will then appear goto the tab at the top named "compatibility" and click the
checkbox at the bottom that says "Run this program as an administrator".  Then
click "apply" or "ok" and all should be well.  Now this worked for 32-bit Vista
and I don't have access to a 64-bit Vista computer, but it should work.  Good
luck!