POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to crash povray? : Re: How to crash povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to crash povray?
From: gregjohn
Date: 26 Aug 2008 18:05:01
Message: <web.48b47d5982efd91134d207310@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> You'll need to sample 100's of pairs to be sure. If you sample
> only 2 locations, you may well miss a very interesting image.
> Two close-by points can be identical, and be just next to some
> very busy area, or just apen to lie parallel, or almost, to
> the local gradient.
> You need a bare minimum of 3 points in a triangle.

How about a #while loop set to kick out when it reaches 9999?  It's just a
computer doing the heavy lifting, it doesn't get bored!  ;-)

I tried a three-pointer for a while but wasn't sure I liked the results better.

I'm still learning the geography of the Mandelbrot set, but I ended up in too
many places where it was uber-busy, unartistically so.