POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV64 Driving me nuts! : Re: POV64 Driving me nuts! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV64 Driving me nuts!
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 26 Aug 2008 15:35:00
Message: <web.48b45a94e3e105d89dc9af5b0@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> Well, I bought a new laptop over the weekend (I'm pretty excited about it--4GB
> ram, Dual 2.0 GHz, NVIDIA 512, and a 64 bit system J), so I downloaded the 64
> bit version of POV.  The problem is that all those little messages you get when
> you first start using POV never go away!  You know, the ones that tell you how
> you can change what happens when a render finishes, etc.  They all have the
> nice little checkbox titled "never tell me again", but it ALWAYS tells me
> again!  They won't go away!  Anybody have any ideas?

Ok, I think I know what's going on, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  Of course,
my new machine has Vista (that power-hungry control freak), and it doesn't want
to let any changes happen within the program files folder.  I'm guessing that
POV needs to update a file in its directory to actually turn off all the boxes,
but Vista is preventing it from happening.  I don't suppose anyone knows how to
fix it?  Probably not, you are all smart people, and chose not to use Vista at
all...