POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Chessboard : Re: My Chessboard Server Time
17 May 2024 23:35:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Chessboard
From: alphaQuad
Date: 22 Aug 2008 22:55:01
Message: <web.48af7b3473b1f459fc36fa300@news.povray.org>
"Gaf" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> really honorific. Fortunately I can use a distant server for the rendering, so
> the time spent with it is not lost for me. For the further trifling I uploaded
> the original textures here (I transformed them into JPG only because of their
> size):
>
> www.raytracer.hu/temp/chess_textures.zip
>
> Although I can write you scarcely, I look at the site several times a day and I
> always read with great enthusiasm your new ideas. I am deeply grateful to you.
> The DOF version of the picture is already under rendering, I let to count it in

> now.
>
> I will return soon... :-)

Yes indeed you're welcome. This is fun, thanks to ... YOU!

Area light diameter 15
Faster dark wood
The king is staring at you. Look closely.
Rook halo not as visible with other pieces on the board
Lighter wood now needs adaptive 2 or higher, (see shadow behind king and queen).
Rook also demands higher adaptive level with other pieces present.
Area light diameter seems critical to lighting.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chess9_c.jpg' (156 KB)

Preview of image 'chess9_c.jpg'