POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : INI on Vista : Re: INI on Vista Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INI on Vista
From: Wes VS
Date: 17 Aug 2008 19:30:00
Message: <web.48a8b36fd20ca0ef740ec2a20@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:29:24 EDT, "Wes.VS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> >I have a problem.  I created an INI file that has worked before in creating an
> >animation, now when I try to render a series of images for an animation the
> >program freezes.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling POV, and it still
> >does not work.  I can although, create single still images.
> >

> Does the Pov file create an image without using the ini file? Did you install
> PovRay into the Program Files directory? Do other animations work? Maybe you
> could post your ini file to give a clue to the problem.
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

POV does render still images, but only the images that are using the default
render settings on the program.  I did install POV into the Program files
directory on the computer.  I do not know where to post my INI file.  If you
could tell me where to post it I would be very happy to do so.

I have used this exact INI in the past, it just stopped working recently.  I
have even tried to use it on very simple animations, but it still does not
work.

Thank You,
Wes Van Der Schaaf