POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4 : Re: compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4 Server Time
16 May 2024 23:32:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4
From: John
Date: 15 Aug 2008 02:15:01
Message: <web.48a51dc615b7620135e2aada0@news.povray.org>
"John" <http://www.jcoppens.com/misc/mail.php> wrote:

> Mmm. I'm suspecting the problem is due to the fact the 'boost' libraries are
> only installed as static (non-shared) versions. Could this be the problem?
>
> John

Just for the record - and then I'm off to bed, it's 3 AM here:

I installed the shared versions of the boost libraries and still cannot compile
the povray source:

checking for exit in -lboost_thread-mt... no
checking for exit in -lboost_thread-boost_thread-mt... no
configure: error: Could not link against boost_thread-boost_thread-mt !

And, important, but I forgot to mention this: I have this problem on Linux
not MacOS.

John