POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My new hobby: wasting the time of telemarketers who ignore the national do not call registry AND spoof their phone numbe : Re: My new hobby: wasting the time of telemarketers who ignore the national= Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My new hobby: wasting the time of telemarketers who ignore the national=
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 13 Aug 2008 19:30:01
Message: <web.48a36d51e2b84e7285de7b680@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There's a reason people are on that list. Do they really think they're
> going to make someone who does not want to be bothered by direct
> marketing any more likely to listen to their pitch? Especially given
> that they're already proving themselves to be less than honest by faking
> their caller-id data.

Spoofers (and spammers) must have no concept of good-will equity--or common
sense for that matter.  Why would you do *extra work* to piss off people who
have demonstrated, by their actions, that they are not in your market?  This is
puzzling for people who it would seem are too lazy to build a customer base the
honest way.