POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to run pvengine on background? or Where is povray.exe? : How to run pvengine on background? or Where is povray.exe? Server Time
2 May 2024 16:02:31 EDT (-0400)
  How to run pvengine on background? or Where is povray.exe?
From: Can
Date: 11 Aug 2008 10:10:00
Message: <web.48a04729aa70066a1f9fd8c60@news.povray.org>
Hi;
I have an executable file which takes some arguments, create a .pov file, render
it and then save it as bmp. I'm calling this executable file from another code
written in csharp. I want the povray program not to be seen when the code calls
it, just run on the background.

In my executable file's source code, the command "povray" was used. After i
installed povray, i saw the program has not "povray.exe" but "pvengine.exe". I
changed povrays into pvengines, then compiled again I could be able to run it,
but i had the problem.

What can i do? Can i find the povray.exe file? Can it solve my problem?

p.s. : The executable file is too old, so the version of povray.exe file is not
important.