POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New hard disks needed : Re: New hard disks needed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New hard disks needed
From: Reactor
Date: 3 Aug 2008 19:50:01
Message: <web.489643ee563a8de6c90c6aa70@news.povray.org>
"Angela" <ang### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I'd love to help, but funds are (as always) limited. Do you have a PayPal
> account where we can donate to the cause?
>
> ~Angela

That is a good idea, actually - it would be much easier for many people to
donate small amounts.  Having a paypal account and perhaps a page regarding
finances to let users know where their money is going could be a very good
thing. OTOH, it does bring an extra element of difficulty and questions in
regards to how to handle such a thing - who is responsible for and manages the
money, whether or not there are taxes applicable and how they would be handled,
etc.

Properly setting up something like this may be worth it, however, since other
expenses will arise.  It is something to think about.

To Chris:
There is a comparable model that is nearly the same price at newegg.com.
I have purchased the majority of my hardware from the site since about 2003, and
the customer service is quite good.  I an referring to this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148298

It is $109.99 with free shipping right now.
The brand, interface type, and speed are the same, but the cache size and
capacity is greater at 32Mb and 750Gb respectively.

-Reactor