POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : BUG: +O- pipe progressive output lost in 3.7beta25b ... Any workaround? : BUG: +O- pipe progressive output lost in 3.7beta25b ... Any workaround? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  BUG: +O- pipe progressive output lost in 3.7beta25b ... Any workaround?
From: Marvin
Date: 29 Jul 2008 14:25:01
Message: <web.488f5fbe53c3c557614602250@news.povray.org>
Hi,

In previous version, 3.6, I have been using something like:

% povray +W640 +H480 +A0.3 -J0.0 +FN +O- source.pov

This was called from a CGI script, and the progressive PNG output went directly
to the client browser.

However, in no way can I trick POVRAY 3.7beta25b to do this. It simply creates
file "-.png", and even this file isn't populated progressively, but on the end
of the rendering from the file -.pov-state.

-.pov-state is of unknown format, and AFAIK there's no way to squeeze a
progressive PNG output out of there.

For bigger interactive rendering it is crucial to have some output progressively
come out, or the browser will timeout, doing unwanted things, like offering i.e.
to save file povdriver.cgi of 0 bytes.

Is there a way to get progressive output out of POV-Ray 3.7 SMP?

Thanks & rgds,
Marvin