POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Problem with animations : Re: Problem with animations Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with animations
From: tticknor
Date: 27 Jul 2008 15:50:01
Message: <web.488cd06cf8ac8cc0d053c6640@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Whenever I try to start any animation, POV-Ray freeze.
> Both using command-line (+kffxxx) or using an *.ini file.
>
> Does anybody have a similar problem? Did you resolved it? How?
> Does anybody have any hint about what setting or file can cause that?
>
> Running on Windows 2000 sp4.
> CPU: AMD thunderbird 1400 MHz
> RAM: 512 Mb
>
> Note: I can run animation if I use beta 3.7.xx but I can't do animation using file
I/O to pass
> information from one frame to the next.
> --
> Alain
> A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

I have this problem also with 3.6.1c on a Dell C2D notebook running Vista. It
seems to be a problem at the message window. If I clear the message window and
turn off console messages with -GA I can get through a dozen or so frames
before the msg window fills up with 'rendering frame n of m' and the sequence
freezes. I haven't tried to solve it any further yet. No problem when I do
multiple files without animation (i.e. manually) that overfill the msg window.