POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blue's code : Re: blue's code Server Time
19 May 2024 07:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blue's code
From: alphaQuad
Date: 27 Jul 2008 12:05:01
Message: <web.488c9bf52dc5bc4e94c1da110@news.povray.org>
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>
> > I had a look at what's there now and found nothing about lasers.
>
> there is advanced/optics.pov, at least there was in 3.6

according to that you can also add,
photons {refraction off reflection off}
to area light source as opposed to,
photons {refraction on reflection on}
in laser.

Havent tried it yet, expecting a less interesting scene
also rgbf .99 glass has no shadow, in contrast to .9 glass
this img shows photons penetrating and reflecting several flat pieces...

recollecting a divergence seems to equal too much light loss.
also tried a wide beam reflected off only flat reflectors, still didnt make it
through second lens.

Only direct light made it thru 2 lenses of .9 glass.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'optics.png' (46 KB)

Preview of image 'optics.png'