POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blue's code : Re: blue's code Server Time
7 May 2024 17:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blue's code
From: alphaQuad
Date: 21 Jul 2008 15:20:00
Message: <web.4884e0ec2dc5bc4e358e2dfa0@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> >I wonder if another program, not POV, was used here:
> > http://www.imagico.de/pov/meta/block_neg.jpg
> >

> > Lighting this scene for shadows inside this media filled sphere presents a
> > number of problems.
>
> yes I've seen this as well .... I wanted to throw some light (is there a pun
> there?) onto the target so I added another light source (media_interaction
> off) then included it in a light_group with the target as the lone member of
> that light_group (global_lights off). the target just has pigment no finish
> block (reflection is 0 unless otherwise specified right?) yet it looks like
> light is indeed making it off the target enough to fire up the media. the
> light_group light source is parallel and has point_at set to the center of
> the target. pardon the spotty nature of the media, I have samples reduced by
> a factor of ten while testing, otherwise it takes about an hour for each
> test.
>
> a difficult lighting challenge indeed.
>
> Jim

"a difficult lighting challenge indeed" ONLY when you cant think of what to do,
as was my case. I saw "media_interaction off", doh! Seen it before but didnt
think of it. this one in only 20 minutes, no AA.

code available if anyone has computer muscle and wants to play.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lasereflect_1.png' (52 KB)

Preview of image 'lasereflect_1.png'