POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PNG to Avi on a Mac? : Re: PNG to Avi on a Mac? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG to Avi on a Mac?
From: H  Karsten
Date: 21 Jul 2008 09:05:00
Message: <web.488488ffab2ab2bbff380a360@news.povray.org>
You can use the QuiktimePlayer to import PNG-sequences and export it into AVI.

If You have a Intel-based MAC I recommend to use VirtualDub under Windows
instead of Quiktime. I was converting about 10000 PNG-files (HD) to AVI.
VirtualDub needs 8-12 seconds to import the sequence from the Linux-Server.
Quiktime uses over one hour and 50 minutes! just to import the images!

Also you have much more codecs available under Windows; just look for codecpacs.