POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Train : Re: Train Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Train
From: HelveticaFanatic
Date: 19 Jul 2008 04:45:00
Message: <web.4881a898729c10115f60ef1e0@news.povray.org>
"HelveticaFanatic" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> How can I make an animation of a train that follows curves and elevation? Is
> there anyway to lay track on it, either?
>
> Thanks.

Right now mostly doing station design work but playing with the splines.

I coded this and got a tunnel:
#declare Train_Path = spline {
 cubic_spline
 -2, <0, 0, -10>,
 -1, <0, 0, -5>,
 0, <0, 0, 0>,
 250, <0, 0, 250>,
 300, <30, 0, 290>,
 350, <60, 0, 330>,
 600, <60, 0, 580>,
 601, <60, 0, 590>,
 602, <60, 0, 600>
}

#declare Counter = 0;
#while(Counter <= 600)
 object { Tunnel Spline_Trans(Train_Path, Counter, y, 0.1, 0) }
 #declare Counter = Counter + 0.0625;
#end

But it's a very sad tunnel:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/helveticafanatic/2681282339/

What is wrong? Do I need more keypoints or something?

In tunnel planning, though, I should draw it on graph paper and find the key
points, right?