POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Train : Re: Train Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:04:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Train
From: HelveticaFanatic
Date: 19 Jul 2008 04:20:00
Message: <web.4881a293729c10115f60ef1e0@news.povray.org>
"HelveticaFanatic" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> How can I make an animation of a train that follows curves and elevation? Is
> there anyway to lay track on it, either?
>
> Thanks.

Is there an easy method for regulating the spacing? In other words...
I always use 1 foot scales for my coordinates for ease in designing and
visualizing, and I need to accelerate the train and keep it going at a smooth
speed. This would necessitate the float for each vector in the spline to be how
many feet from the end of the track. Is there a way to follow the spline by
length along the spline on the clock value? I'm thinking that I just label all
key points as 1, 2, 3, ..., then use a small program to determine the distances
between the key points (make small subdivisions and Pythagorean theorem, add it
up), then output it to a file, change the 1, 2, 3 to the feet? Or is there a
macro for this or some feature all ready?