POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Train : Re: Train Server Time
28 Apr 2024 08:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Train
From: Reactor
Date: 17 Jul 2008 16:55:01
Message: <web.487fb128729c1011210497120@news.povray.org>
"HelveticaFanatic" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> How can I make an animation of a train that follows curves and elevation? Is
> there anyway to lay track on it, either?
>
> Thanks.

You can use a spline to build the tracks and have the train follow the a spline
using the spline_trans() macro.  You would define a spline, then write your own
macro to use it to determine where the objects for the tracks and ties should
go.
  If the changes in elevation are not too great and the curve is gentle, you may
be able to use the same spline for the train's motion and the tracks.

-Reactor