POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who runs an old PC? : Re: Who runs an old PC? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who runs an old PC?
From: bluetree
Date: 17 Jul 2008 08:50:00
Message: <web.487f3f3faef91d61b786c7ad0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > Who runs an old PC at home as their main PC.
>
> My girlfriend.
>
> > What are the specs and what changes have you made to keep it usable?
>
> Athlon XP2400+, with several hand-me-down parts from my PC when I upgrade.
> At the moment I think she has a 19" LCD, nVidia FX5900, a gig of RAM and an
> 80GB HD in there.  It started life as my main PC while at university, IIRC
> then it only had 256MB RAM, a tiny 15" CRT and a 12GB hard drive or
> something.

I'm glad, that I'm not the only one with such a computer. :-)
I have only one computer. It had the newest technology a few years ago.
It is Pentium 4 with 2,4 GHz; one GB Ram and Gforce 6600.
I do not dare to call that beauty old (anymore). :-)
I started with 512 MB Ram and a Gforce 4800.
I got also "hand-me-down parts", when my bothers upgrades their computers. :-)
So good to have brothers. :-D

Regards,
bluetree