POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clinical E.R. : Re: Clinical E.R. Server Time
17 May 2024 18:05:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clinical E.R.
From: alphaQuad
Date: 15 Jul 2008 11:25:04
Message: <web.487cc08f4c68efc0dae111140@news.povray.org>
> That looks quite promising, but as everything is mostly gray it
> feels a bit dull. Maybe give the energy bolts a slightly stronger
> color and darken the scene lighting so it's more illuminated by
> the sphere itself. Possibly put a blue lightsource inside the
> sphere (fade_power 2) or try radiosity, but the latter might
> not do anything if the bolts are made out of MegaPOV glows.
>
> Maybe increase phong_size as well to get sharper highlights.

cgsphere3 was with radiosity and focal blur, I attributed the dullness to
radiosity in my mind without much testing.

The latter point was on my mind. Went from 200 to 500 without visible
difference,
 thinking I should do more testing.

Not used to stepping on things this hard,
phong_size 3200

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'phongtest3200.png' (81 KB)