POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: collapsible code blocks : Re: Request: collapsible code blocks Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: collapsible code blocks
From: SharkD
Date: 11 Jul 2008 21:30:00
Message: <web.487808b8a7b34a5991b9f7880@news.povray.org>
"How Camp" <hac### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I can't really think of a valid circumstance where the 'looser' form is
> necessary (or advantageous)...

I have sometimes wished that POV SDL were more regular or strict in its language
conventions. I.e., objects would be defined like objects in other programming
languages (or even as hash arrays, my favorite). But, POV might become more
difficult for new users or suffer in other ways as a result. Source code would
definitely become more voluminous. Consequently, I do not strongly support such
a major overhaul of the SDL, and suggest the manual method of code
collapsability I outlined earlier.

-Mike