POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cutaway_textures : Cutaway_textures Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Cutaway_textures
From: BoudewijnDocter
Date: 11 Jul 2008 05:55:00
Message: <web.48772d6758ea35f669b634a70@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm having trouble using the cutaway_textures feature when trying to cut
something with a complex csg. The following simplified code illustrates my
problem:

#include "colors.inc"

camera {location <3,4,-4> look_at 0 }
light_source {<10,20,-5>, rgb 3}

#declare MyObject = union {
  box {<-1,-1,-1>,<1,0,1> pigment {Red} }
  box {<-1,0,-1>,<1,1,1> pigment {Blue}}
}

#declare MyCuttingObject = difference {
  cylinder {<0,-2,0>,<0,2,0>,1}
  box {<0,-3,-1>,<1,3,0>}
}

difference {
  object {MyObject}
  object {MyCuttingObject}
  cutaway_textures
}

I've got two colored boxes on top of each other, which I want to cut with an
object that is a construction of two objects. Obviously I would like to see the
colors inside the cut, hence the cutaway_textures, but this doesn't seem to
work. Is there anyone who has the golden tip?

Thanks!

Boud